China Water Risk is a non-profit initiative dedicated to addressing
business and environmental risk.
Topical water issues are highlighted through our Analysis & Reviews,
Opinions and Interviews with captains of industry, investors, academia
and water experts. Read opinions and interviews on addressing water
risks from Sodexo, Li & Fung, Swire Beverages, SAB Miller, Coca-Cola,
Intel, and more… or get Intelligence by Sector for Agriculture, Food
&Beverage, Power, Metals & Mining, Textiles, and Electronics.
Stay ahead of the risk curve visit us on: www.chinawaterrisk.org
Water in China: Why Worry?
* 11 regions in China are water scarce with water resources
comparable to the Middle East.
* The economy runs on water - 85% of water use in China by
agriculture and industry; experts project that demand for water may not
be met by 2030.
* The Dry 11 regions' total Gross Regional Product contribution to
China's GDP = 45%.
* Pollution exacerbates scarcity. Already 77% of key lakes and
reservoirs monitored are unfit for human touch.
* Food and energy security issues - The Dry 11 account for 40% of
agricultural output value and 95.6% of power in China requires water to
* Water is undervalued given scarcity; water tariffs hikes could
erode profit margins.
If you have questions, please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
China Water Risk
9 Queen's Road Central
Hong Kong -
You received this message as a subscriber on the list: email@example.com
To be removed from the list, please visit: